Scholarships and Tuition Assistance
Bend Endurance Academy’s programs strive to be affordable and accessible to all. We believe that opportunity and access is the best path to success for youth athletes. As a nonprofit organization, our aim is to keep program tuition affordable for families in Central Oregon and offset actual program costs through various fundraising efforts including corporate sponsorship, grants, and individual donations.
We also understand that participation in youth sports can be costly since equipment, travel, and maintenance expenses add up. Therefore, the Academy has established the General Tuition Assistance Fund for program tuition for our youth, development, high school and competition team programs, the Kurtz Nordic Scholarship Fund for High School Nordic athletes, the Taye Nakamura Memorial Scholarship Award for aspiring female cyclists, and the She Can Scholarship for female athletes. Each of these funds have slightly different qualifications, deadlines and requirements. Assistance is awarded based on athlete’s financial need, commitment to the program and the availability of funds. You will find information and applications. In addition to financial assistance, the Bend Endurance Academy offers monthly payment plans for program tuition for all of our programs costing more than $200. Please contact me or your Program Director directly to discuss. Other financial resources may be available for qualified families through:
- Good Thought Good Action Foundation: www.gtgafoundation.org
- Kids in the Game organization: www.kidsinthegame.org
- Pacific Source Community Solutions Flex Funds: www.pacificsource.org
- Pacific Northwest Ski Education Foundation: www.pnsef.org
- Long Live Dono Foundation: www.longlivedonofoundation.com
- UpLift Athletes: www.upliftathletes.org
- School Family Access Network (FAN) advocates also often have leads for assistance
Thank you again for your interest in the Bend Endurance Academy, we hope we can work together to provide financial assistance to you and your family.