Nordic For Ladies 2014
The Bend Endurance Academy is pleased to offer year 4 of a special training group for women again this fall. Last year was a blast and we are excited to get started again!
The Nordic Fall Ladies (NFL) program is designed for participants who wish to improve their overall ski fitness this winter, through organized and professionally coached dryland training sessions. The NFL is open to ladies of all abilities and will focus on skill and fitness building in a fun, social atmosphere.
Participants will enjoy a systematic progression of ski training activities near Bend during one of the most pleasant times of year. Participants can expect to come away with an understanding of basic physiology, fresh and exciting training methods and increased confidence for the ski season. Whether you intend on skiing with friends or plan on racing you can begin the ski season with confidence and this innovative program will dovetail nicely with Bend Endurance Nordic programs beginning in December.
- Dates: Sept 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28
- Cost: $140
- Coaches: Dakota Blackhorse-von Jess, Ben Husaby
- Equipment: Running shoes (for light jogging/walking- no intense running or rollerskiing), training clothing, water bottle carrier
- Meeting Place: Bend Endurance Academy Office
- Meeting Times: 9:00 am Tuesday mornings (Return 11:45 am)
The Bend Endurance Nordic Masters Program inspires adults to improve their skiing while enjoying the Meissner Nordic Community Ski Trails. Our experienced coaching staff is excited to help you learn a technical sport while improving your level of fitness. The trails at the Virginia Meissner Sno-Park are groomed by a local organization called Meissner Nordic and feature easy to moderate terrain, 13 miles from the city of Bend.
This program has been a huge success for us. Our staff is committed to helping you learn to ski more efficiently and smoothly, leaving you excited rather than exhausted! We guarantee that this will be one of the best learning programs you will ever attend!
- Learn modern Nordic techniques
- Increase your fitness and efficiency
- Learn through established progressions
- Improve steadily over the winter to become a faster, more confident skier
- Receive personal attention in small groups
- Don Leet from Sunnyside Sports
- David Kurtz, Academy Coach
- Hilary Rich, Academy Coach
- Ben Husaby, Academy Director
Ages & Ability
Academy Masters Programs are intended for skiers age 20 and up who have some experience with Nordic skiing. If you are a beginner and would like to learn to ski, try Meissner Nordic’s “Learn to Ski” days to explore the sport. Visit Meisner Nordic for details.
- 8 sessions, one day a week
- “Focus on technique and fitness will follow”
- 9:30am (classes are 1.5-1.75 hours in length)
- Program dates are non sequential due to holidays, winter breaks and staff travel for away racing- see calendar
- $160 (8 sessions)
- Tuesday- Skate and Women’s Skate. Sessions start December 17, 2013. Dec 17,31 Jan 7,14,21 Feb 4,11,18
- Thursday-Skate and Women’s Skate. Sessions start December 19, 2013. Dec 19 Jan 2, 9, 16, 23 Feb 6, 13, 20
- Sunday- Skate: SESSION FULL! December 22, 2013. Dec 22 Jan 5, 12, 19 Feb 9, 16, 23
Meissner Sno Park (13 miles SW of Bend off of Century Drive)
Our programs are community-oriented and the proceeds support junior development and grooming at Meissner. Meissner Sno Park is on Century Drive, half way between Bend and Mount Bachelor so you have a shorter drive and more time to ski. The terrain includes extended flats with rolling and steep hills on over 30km of groomed trails and more trails are added every season. Plus, the snow remains excellent from December thru April in most years.
We encourage all participants to support Meissner Nordic by purchasing an individual or family membership for the grooming and trail maintenance at Meissner Sno Park.
For Your Family
In an effort to provide skiing opportunities for the whole family, we offer the Bend Nordic Youth Club on the weekends for children ages 7-11. We also offer the Bend Nordic Development Team and the Bend Nordic Competition Team for ages 12-23. Register early to save your child a spot!