Cycling Program Youth & After School Coordinator
Job Description for Youth Coordinator (YC)
Youth & After School programs are the bedrock upon which all higher level programs are built. By creating meaningful relationships with our younger athletes, their families, the schools and the broader community, the YC is crucial to BEA’s success. The ideal candidate will have a passion for outdoors activities (like Cycling, Nordic Skiing or Rock Climbing), and will have the personality, skills and aptitude to ensure the quality of these foundational programs while teaching the youth the joys of endurance sports.
- Assist the Cycling Director with Youth Coach Training and Recruiting
- Schedule Youth Coaches for their practices
- Be main contact of communication for all Youth & After School Riders and Families
- Ensure the quality of programming continues to improve
- Create a safe, inviting, fun, professional atmosphere for all participants and Coaches
- Train and support the Youth staff so they are always informed, prepared and enthusiastic about their work
- Create, monitor and adjust After School & Summer Youth logistics around transportation, pick up / drop off and riding locations
- Must have some weekends available to assist with BEA events such as Bend Bike Swap, Bend Bicycle Film Festival, Chainbreaker Races, Bike Rodeos, etc. as required
- Assist Cycling Director with Clinics, Camps and Trips whenever appropriate
- Ensure program information is correct, complete, and published / distributed in a timely fashion online, via emails and in other forms as needed
- Gather feedback from Coaches, Parents, Riders and elsewhere to assist the Cycling Director with both growing the programs and ensuring quality
Employee Skillset & Experience:
- Must be capable of riding a mountain bike on the local trails
- Must pass background check, be able to drive BEA vehicles and complete all other BEA training (First Aid, Concussion, etc.)
- Must be excellent working with children
- Must be comfortable managing a group of Coaches
- Must always represent the mission and vision of BEA to the public, our families and co-workers
- Previous experience working events, leading peers or leading youth
- Knowledge of local trail system
- Ability to teach basic mountain biking skills
- Salaried full-time.
- Begins mid-April, goes until August 31
- $1,850 per month
TO APPLY: Email an introduction and resume of relatable work and life experiences to Cycling Director, Bill Warburton, email@example.com.
Deadline is Friday, April 7, 2017
You will be contacted by April 12th if you have been selected for further consideration.
We are always on the lookout for mentors and ride leaders who can help with our young cyclists. If you have a passion for cycling and a desire to be a positive influence on our team then get in touch!
- After School Coaches – May, June, September and October. Afternoons Monday – Friday. Sessions run 3 – 4 hours and we often need Drivers. No previous Coaching experience is necessary; we provide the training.
- Summer Youth Coaches – June through August, Monday – Friday mornings. 3.5 hours per day. No previous Coaching experience is necessary; we provide the training.
- Girls Team Coaches – We try to balance our coaching staff across all programs with men and women, but for the Girls Groups we specifically pair up junior women with adult women coaches.
- Devo Team Coaches – these spots are usually filled by returning Coaches who have experience Coaching. Must be capable of teaching more advanced skills while always having fun.
- Competition Coaches – These riders are coached by the upper level staff with the most experience and we often have Guest Riders plug in to keep it fresh.
- Guest Coaches – Can’t commit to working a program? Talk to Bill about coming as a guest.
- Intern Coaches – For older teens who want to work with younger riders.
- Volunteering – Most of our coaches are paid, but some people donate their time, which helps keep program costs low for our riders. Beyond coaching, we have many events where we need parents, athletes and coaches to volunteer.