- September 17, 2018 – June 7, 2019
- Paid Training September 10 – 14, 2018
- On the job training
Part time: 6 – 12 hrs per/week
- Afternoon Schedule: 3:00pm – 6:30pm
- Pay D.O.E
Job Description for Climbing Coach
The Bend Endurance Academy Climbing Programs strive to be at the forefront of climbing focused youth programming. Our programs are designed to inspire and fuel the next generation of climbers and focus on turning out well-rounded climbers who respect the climbing community and the sport. By creating meaningful relationships with our athletes, their families, our climbing coaches are crucial to the Academy’s success. The ideal candidate will have a passion for rock climbing and will have the personality, skills, and aptitude to ensure the quality and safety of the programs and it’s participants.
- Coaching youth climbers ranging from 8 -18 years of age from beginner to advanced
- Maintaining group and participant safety during practice sessions
- Planning and implementing age appropriate climbing/training sessions for a variety of ages and abilities following the Climbing Directors guidance
- Maintaining a healthy working relationship with our host facility (Bend Rock Gym).
- Coaching team on scheduled days, each week as part of a small coaching team
- Working with Climbing Director and other coaches to maintain a healthy and welcoming environment.
- Maintaining a positive energy and ensuring that participants are engaged, motivated and improving on a physical-technical-mental-tactical-social level
- Keeping the Climbing Director informed about participant’s progress and any ongoing issues or challenges
Required Skillset & Experience:
- Must pass a background check, be able to drive our vehicles and complete all other required training (First Aid, Concussion, SafeSport, etc.)
- Must be excellent working with children
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of rock climbing
Desired Skillset & Experience
- Previous experience coaching youth climbing or other movement-based sports
- Previous experience transporting children in 15 passenger vans
- Familiarity with competition climbing
- Previous route setting experience
- Previous commercial guiding experience
To apply: email a copy of your resume and introductory letter to our Climbing Director, Mike Rougeux, email@example.com. Contact Mike Rougeux for more information, 541.419.5071
We are always looking for great people who want to share their passion for the outdoors with young people.
JOB: Cycling Program Coaches
We are always on the lookout for mentors and ride leaders who can help with our young cyclists. If you have a passion for cycling and a desire to be a positive influence on our team then get in touch!
- After School Coaches – May, June, September and October. Afternoons Monday – Friday. Sessions run 3 – 4 hours and we often need Drivers. No previous Coaching experience is necessary; we provide the training.
- Summer Youth Coaches – June through August, Monday – Friday mornings. 3.5 hours per day. No previous Coaching experience is necessary; we provide the training.
- Girls Team Coaches – We try to balance our coaching staff across all programs with men and women, but for the Girls Groups we specifically pair up junior women with adult women coaches.
- Devo Team Coaches – these spots are usually filled by returning Coaches who have experience Coaching. Must be capable of teaching more advanced skills while always having fun.
- Competition Coaches – These riders are coached by the upper level staff with the most experience and we often have Guest Riders plug in to keep it fresh.
- Guest Coaches – Can’t commit to working a program? Talk to Bill about coming as a guest.
- Intern Coaches – For older teens who want to work with younger riders.
- Volunteering – Most of our coaches are paid, but some people donate their time, which helps keep program costs low for our riders. Beyond coaching, we have many events where we need parents, athletes and coaches to volunteer.