2009 Mountain Info
The Bend Cycling Club offers action-packed mountain bike rides to young people who are excited about improving their cycling skills and fitness levels.
- Ages 8-16
- Beginner to Advanced: Riders will be placed in groups daily by ability so everyone can ride comfortably.
- Work to improve riding skills while having a whole lot of fun.
- Provide a safe and affordable way for youth to enjoy mountain biking this spring and summer.
- Ten sessions per Camp.
- Five Camps this summer! Join us for one camp or the entire program.
- Shuttle Service: contact us if your child would like to sign up for transportation from school to practice.
Costs and Dates
- $165 per Camp for Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- $135 per Camp for only Wednesday and Friday
- All Sessions meet from 4-6 pm
- All Saturday Super Tours are 9 am – 2 pm
- Camp One – April 6-24; Saturday Super Tour – April 25
- Camp Two – May 4-22; Saturday Super Tour – May 23
- Please note: A Parent Clinic is available during Camp Two! See the Parent Clinic page for details.
- Camp Three – May 25 – June 12. Saturday Super Tour – June 13.
- Camp Four – June 15 – July 3. Sunday Super Tour – June 28
- Camp Five – July 6 – 24. Saturday Super Tour – July 25.
- Experienced, trained and enthusiastic coaches
- Bike Tag World Championships of the World (and prizes!)
- Club T Shirt
- Transportation for Saturday’s Super Tours
- Opportunities to try out racing
- Trail Work Volunteer opportunities
- Bike Safety
- Trail Etiquette
- Bike Fits
- Individual Learning Progressions
- Travel opportunities to races and special events
- Tuition assistance for families who demonstrate financial need (see forms on Registration page)
What You Need
- Daily Transportation – Unless you sign up for our School Shuttle Service
- Mountain Bike, Helmet, Appropriate Clothes and Shoes
- Patch kit, spare tube and tools are recommended.
- Gloves and sunglasses are a must!
- Water & Snacks: Riders need water and snacks. Camelbacks or water bottle cages are a requirement.
We hold practices rain or shine — please come prepared for the weather. Cotton/fleece sweatshirts are not appropriate for rainy days!
- Please use the Bend Cycling Club Calendar to see where we will meet each day.
- Click here to see our Meeting Locations on a Google Map or Click on the Maps below
- Saturday Super Tours will meet at Cog Wild’s office and transportation will be provided to the trailhead and back.
|Shevlin Park||4610 off Skyliners Rd||COD Access off Century Dr|