You’re invited to the Alpenrose Velodrome on June 17 for a full day of riding on the steepest track in the country!
Friday June 17, 2011
- Ages 11+ (due to the sizes of the rental bikes)
- Primarily a junior/U23 development trip, but adults are welcome
- Ability: Beginner mountain biker or road and up
- Meet at the office at 8:00AM
- $65 includes track instructor fees, bike rental, travel, lunch and dinner!
- Bring your helmet, gloves, pedals and shoes if you ride clipped in
- Weather dependent! This is an outdoor track so if rain is imminent we will reschedule as they do not allow riding on a wet track.
The velodrome is an excellent place for beginner cyclists to develop. Track riding is quite safe and it teaches the basics of smooth riding, smooth pedaling, riding in groups and working as a team.
We will begin on the track at noon. Cycling Director Bill Warburton will be joined by experienced track coach, Zak Kovalcik, from the Diamond Law Cycling Team. He will go over the rules for all and help the new riders. Bill will take those who have experience on the track and go over some more advanced formations they might not have done before. We’ll have the track to ourselves till 3, then go take a break and return at 5:30 for some racing.
The race fee is included in the cost and all are encouraged to race.
Contact Bill for more information, email bill at bendenduranceacademy.org or call 541.904-5048.
There are only 14 spots in the van. Due to limited space, you must reserve your spot with cash, check or PayPal by June 16: