Development Mountain Bike Team
High-energy sessions with inspiring Coaches, these are for Recreational or Intermediate riders who enjoy challenges and want to ride further, faster and smoother. Devo Riders are never required to race, but many at this level try racing for the first time, and we offer ways for them to try other disciplines through Enduro, Road and Cyclocross Clinics, too.
Girls are welcome at all of the Devo Team Rides! Check out the Girls-Only Rides, too.
With Spring, Summer and Fall blocks and 1, 2 or 3-day a week options, Devo Riders can easily customize their riding schedule to meet their needs.
- No Absolute-Beginners: new riders should start with our Summer Youth Program or Clinics (see “MEGA-RIDES” below)
- Riders must be comfortable completing a 4 – 8 mile ride on trails in under 2 hours.
- Bicycles: Mountain Bikes with Gears on 24″ Wheels or larger; these are cross-country rides, meaning hardtails and short-travel full suspension bikes are best.
- Primarily for ages 11 – 13
- Less-experienced High Schoolers may start here to get comfortable before moving to Comp Teams, and for the summer session Devo Coaches may allow some younger riders with racing experience to join this group.
- No transportation from school to practice is provided. Riders must have a way to get to practice where we transport to the riding areas as needed.
1. Spring Devo Team MTB
- April 5 – June 15, 11 Weeks
- Wednesdays and Thursdays
- 3:15 – 6:15 PM
- Combine this with another program like Tues. Middle School, or Friday Seven Peaks.
For riders ready to do a full season of riding, these spring rides provide skill-building, fitness and confidence to take on the bigger trails or jump into Oregon MTB races!
Racing is optional but encouraged at this level, especially because we run team vans to the races within the Oregon Junior MTB Series and we host our own event, the Chainbreaker MTB Race on Mother’s Day weekend.
- One-Day a Week $190
- Two-Days a Week $350
2. Summer Devo Team MTB
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
- 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- June 26 – August 24
- Read below for certain days without regular practices
- Most riders do 2 or 3 days per week in the summer.
Summer Devo goes to 4-days per week, moves to the mornings, and offers new ways to expand your cyclist’s repertoire:
MEGA-RIDES New for 2017 is a week in July and six days in August where will offer several stand-alone clinics for Devo Riders to try new things and do some longer rides:
- Some practices during the week of July 24 – 28 and in August are superseded by the full-day rides and other clinics.
- These are cap-stone achievements that all Devo Riders should do to celebrate their improvements!
- See “MEGA-RIDES” below for specific clinics and rides to do instead.
- Sign up for those separately, some are free, others charge to cover the extra expense of full-day adventures.
- Summer Mondays $175 (8 Mondays, NO Practice Aug 21)
- Summer Tuesdays $175 (8 Tuesdays, NO Practice July 4)
- Summer Wednesdays $175 (8 Wednesdays, NO Reg Practice Aug 16, do Big Ride Instead)
- Summer Thursdays $175 (8 Thursdays, NO Reg Practice Aug 24, do Big Ride Instead)
Fall info gets posted in July