The Cascade Chainbreaker Returns – May 8, 2021
Join us for the 26th Annual Cascade Chainbreaker XC Mountain Bike Race
This classic Central Oregon XC Mountain Bike race is back! After a hiatus last year due to COVID-19 we are excited to get racers back out on the course.
ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. NO DAY-OF-RACE REGISTRATION.
Youth, Beginner, Advanced and Elite categories, with a course designed to provide an exciting challenge for riders of any skill level. Contact Jesse Blough at Jesse@nwcompetitive.com for course questions.
Skyline Forest, Bend Oregon
Timing and live results provided by Devon Alvarez & Cascade Timing!
Thank you to the many volunteers that have helped prepare the course and clear storm damage! We are so grateful for your help!
Race number 3 of the Oregon XC Series
All participants will receive an email with final course files, directions, and general information about the event following the closure of registration, Wednesday May 5th. Contact Ann Leitheiser at email@example.com for more information. Special thanks to Shimano, Rise Coffee, Skratch Labs, Picky Bars, and Deschutes Brewery for great swag bags for every rider. $500 purse to top 3 riders M/W, mailed following event. Registration is non-transferable.
PACKET PICK-UP: FRIDAY MAY 7th 2-6pm @ Webcyclery
Please make every effort to pick up your number plate and swag bag at our annual packet pick-up event at Webcyclery. We’ll be set up outside in the parking lot from 2PM to about 6PM. Webcyclery usually closes at 5pm sharp in case you need to shop. Masks are required at packet pick-up. Day-of-race packet pick-up is also available at least one hour prior to your start time, please. For all questions, please contact Ann@bendenduranceacademy.org.
Sorry, no day-of-race registration per OBRA guidelines. Please read Covid-19 guidelines for all OBRA events. Masks will be required at the event except when racers are in motion. So sorry, no spectators. Due to fire risk, there is a camping ban on Skyline Forest property and the Chainbreaker venue.
Things to know and understand prior to signing up for and attending this event
- This event complies with the state guidance for this jurisdiction(s)
- Know the symptoms of COVID-19. Do not travel and participate in this event if you have any of them listed here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- If you are at high risk for severe illness or have a compromised immune system, please consider your risk tolerance for attending this event.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer regularly to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Please wear a mask while not actively racing.
- No day of race registration; plan ahead
- Please, no spectators at this event
- No post-race gatherings such as podium presentations. Please cool down by yourself, thank the volunteers while wearing a mask and be on your way.
- Understand and comply with OBRA rule 21.2:
21.2 All persons present at an event must wear a face covering intended to stop disease transfer that covers the nose and mouth when within 6 feet of another person at all times, with the exception of actively racing participants. When actively racing, participants must follow mask rules set by the promoter; additionally, masks must be worn by participants any time a participant is interacting with or near a person not actively racing (including, but not limited to, at the start line, aid stations, feed zones, and after crossing the finishing line as quickly as is safe to do so).
Each individual participant is expected to fully understand the stated rules. Failure to comply with Rule 21 may result in disqualification, removal from venue and suspension for up to one year
- Warming up is not considered “actively racing”. Warm up by yourself. Wear a mask if you are warming up near others.
- Come prepared with your own food and water.
- Be respectful of our community and please avoid unnecessary interactions with community members. If you must stop for food or gas, please wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth.
We strongly encourage you to only race locally and limit your travel to other areas. If you do travel outside of your local area, please travel alone or with people from your household. Limit your interactions with others while traveling.