Chainbreaker Race Series
Registration for Races is open!
Wednesday, APRIL 26
Short-Track Race #1
- STXC 1 Register Online Here
Wednesday MAY 3
Short-Track Race #2
- STXC 2 Register Online Here
Saturday MAY 6
XC Course Preview
Saturday MAY 13
XC RACE * Part of the Oregon Off-Road Series *
- XC Race Register Online Here
Now a 3-Race Series for 2017!
All abilities welcome from beginners to professionals, juniors to masters!
Join us for TWO Wednesday-night short-track mountain bike races that lead up to the main XC event on May 13th. BEA Cycling Director and course designer Bill Warburton says “Short-track mountain bike races are great for new riders to try racing because you don’t go far away from the start and you get to practice skills on a short lap for less than thirty minutes. For experienced riders it can be a great place to test your fitness and hone skills after a long winter.” He adds, “We hope the rad course with great spectating gets everyone prepared to race the main cross-country event on May 13th.”
The cross-country race is in it’s 21st year, with a revised course for 2017. While the Two Bulls fire impacted the area in 2014, the conditions are improving and some damaged trails are being restored. Riders take several trips through the stadium area to make spectating and cheering fun for families, along with free kids races, food and drinks available on site.
The cross-country race is the third event in the Oregon Off Road Series which encourages racers from across Oregon to travel to select races over the duration of the season.
Both events are fundraisers for the Bend Endurance Academy and are held on private land with the generous support of: The Center, Kendall Auto, Deschutes Brewery, Todd Taylor, Summ Up Llc, Tumalo Irrigation District and Whitefish Cascade Forest Resource.
- Signs will be posted on race day.
- Continue west on Newport Avenue, this becomes Shevlin Park RD
- Past Shevlin Park, at the crest of the hill turn LEFT on Bull Springs RD
- After 1 mile on pavement, turn RIGHT onto RD4606 (gravel road)
- Continue 1.8 miles to Couch RD (dirt road), sign says “CP2”, turn LEFT
- Stadium area is 0.5 miles up CP2, on the LEFT
- View Start Line on Google Maps (Caution — Google Navigation sends you a very long, strange route to get there)
Full Race Information below the Gallery