Our trip to Cyclocross Nationals is always a very big learning experience for all of the Riders and they take away important lessons from their experience that helps them define what they want out of the following season.
This year, we had 16 athletes from our Academy team, but we met former athletes & coaches, saw old friends, met new friends and spent five days learning every nook and cranny of that race course together. We’ll be publishing a lengthy video soon, but here are a few photos from the trip.
Special thanks to all of the people who helped us with this trip!
- Bart Bowen and everyone who donated to the CXmas Fund
- Deschutes Brewery Team for their donation
- Erik Tonkin and Team S&M for hosting the practice race
- Molly Cameron with PointS Racing
- Steven Beardsley from PDX Devo
- Sam Vickery and the Durango Devo Crew
- Coaches Marcel Russenberger, Matt Fox, with help from Deschutes Brewery Team members James Williams and Rodney Trepess
- The Academy Parents who traveled all that way to cheer the team and support their riders
- Coaches Joanne Eastwood, Rex Shepard and Cody Peterson who helped the team through the regular season
- Crows Feet Commons, WebCyclery, Sunnyside, Gear Fix and Hutch’s all helped fix-up our loaner bikes, supplied parts for the team and service for the racers